Aug 5, 2012

devil static

There are so many things I'm not good at.
And apparently I have an inner trap determined to record each and every one of them.
There's a voice in my head that tells me I am not enough. Some days it's quiet and some days it's super LOUD.
A recent read called it "devil static".  You know, that noise that tries to drown out the truth God is speaking into our lives and through our lives. The noise that crackles and cackles and tries to poke fun at who we are growing up into; tries to derail us out of sheer embarrassment.  You know what I'm talking about

And when the voice stops, I am reminded:
That there is a much greater voice, a voice with all the rich, resonant tones of Truth, so filled with love for us that unlike that devil static He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)

I am grateful for the reminders of my REAL worth.
I am grateful for ears that can hear His voice (eventually).
I am who He made me to be, despite myself, despite the static.
I am hearing the singing....

...just keep walking, Cathy...just keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment